Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Inspire was born.

I had coffee with a friend the other day and she asked me about INSPIRE.  I starting telling her the story.  SCM Design started in 2005 as a freelance graphic design 'side job'.  At this time I was designing logos, brochures, really any random print designs that came my way.  Then one day a photographer asked if I could design an album for him.  My response was 'sure why not!?' - I LOVED designing that album.  Another photographer saw the design and asked if I could design all of their albums.  My response was an enthusiastic 'Yes!'.  The next step was invitation design. So over five years SCM evolved into an album and invitation design company.

This past May I went to The National Stationery Show in New York City.  It was invigorating, engaging, and inspiring.  I came home and said 'It is time to change the company name and re-brand'.  I had all of these ideas rushing through my head - I had to get them down on paper.  So I starting writing, didn't pick up the pen, just kept writing.  I wrote down dreams, things that I am passionate about, reasons why I love design, and the kind of business I wanted to create.  When I stepped back and read what I had written, two things jumped out - the word inspire, and God's handwriting.  Yes I was the one to use that pen, but He was the one that actually wrote it.

So INSPIRE was born.  Story to be continued...

-Stephanie

1 comment: