Monday, August 15, 2011

Birds, Birds, Birds

6:45 am - My peaceful sleep crashes into the reality of life as the alarm clock goes off and instantly I begin going through the day in my mind…

“What will I make for  lunch today?”

“Did we pay the water bill yesterday?”

“What am I going to wear?”

“What time is the meeting with the sales rep tomorrow?”

“What am I going to write for this blog post?”

“Why… What…..When……..How…?”

Then I hear those little creatures outside my bedroom window chirping away not a care in the world. 



I love birds always have and probably always will. Fat ones tiny ones, blue and brown ones, I love them all! Our house (and yard) is littered with bird houses and figurines. 
I love to watch them hop, play and cheep at each other.  I know that birds have become a current fad, but for me they remind me of how vast God’s love is for us.

“Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description, careless in the care of God.  And you count far more to him than birds.” Matthew 6:26 (The Message)

We all face many obstacles every day and “Casting our cares upon Him” can be challenging as we fight for control.  But doesn’t it feel amazing when you are “carefree in the care of God?”  Things don’t seem quite as difficult when our focus is on Him.   Can you imagine if all those little birds were worrying about where their next meal was coming from or how they were going to make rent on their birdhouse?  But they don’t have to and neither do we.  We have the freedom to let God take care of us.  “…but your heavenly father knows all that you need.” (Matthew 6:32 NLT)

So the next time you admire a feathered friend at your birdfeeder remember how incredibly loved you are and let go of the worries of this life. 

Let’s fly away!

~Jennifer Cashel


No comments:

Post a Comment